- 3 Carrots, halved and sliced
- 3 Celery ribs, sliced thinly
- 1 Medium onion, diced
- 4 Cloves garlic, minced
- 15.5 oz. can chick peas, drained
- 15.25 oz. can black beans, drained
- 2, 14.5 oz. cans low-sodium chicken broth
- 15 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
Makes 6-8 Servings
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on low, 9-10 hours.
May be served over rice. If you prefer a thicker soup, use only one can of broth, instead.
|Garnish with Parsley and some reserved tomato and onion, if you like.|