WHITE CHICKEN CHILI
- 1 Tbsp. veggie oil
- onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, diced
- 1, 4 oz can diced jalepenos
- 1, 4 oz can chopped green chiles
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. ground cayenne
- 2, 14.5 oz cans chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked boneless chicken breast, chopped
- 3, 15 oz cans white beans (white kidneys, cannelloni, chickpeas, etc) drained
- 1 cup shredded Monterrey jack cheese (more is OK, too)
Heat oil in a large stock pot over medium-low heat.
Add onion, cook until tender, stirring occasionally.
Mix in garlic, jalepenos, chiles, cumin, oregano and cayenne.
Cook, stirring, until tender (3 min or so)
Mix in broth, chicken and beans.
Simmer 15 min, stirring as needed.
Remove from heat.
Slowly stir in the cheese until melted.
Serve warm, with a crusty bread or corn bread.